Use for Defence and Protection, Self Love, Worthiness, Getting Over Illness, Confidence
This is a recipe from one of my favourite books The Garden Apothecary by Reece Carter. I love this recipe because I sometimes get eczema and found this not only helps, but the whole lusciousness of the Milk is just lovely.
Coconut Milk is high in fat and great for hydrating and moisturising the skin. For your hair it strengthens and nourishes, helping with brittle ends. It also helps with dry scalp.
The Oats are also another great benefit in soothing skin irritations, itching (chicken pox as a kid), great for cleansing the skin and reducing inflammation.
Chamomile is great for distressing, anxiety and great for skin conditions as well. Using it in this recipe brings about a balance of Male energy, and is great for warding off psychic and magical attacks, banishing attachments.
Jasmine essential oil is wonderful for skin care, especially for eczema, dry skin, and has helped in the lightening of scars. It is great for stress and balancing. It does have a strong aroma and too much can be overwhelming, headachy. So be aware of being too heavy handed with the oil and test it to the balance of what you find comfortable. I find working between 5 -10 drops is just nice enough for the lingering smell on the skin and hair.
Jasmine oil is also used for luck and love, as it is a sexy number to brush on the skin. It is also wonderful to use to cleanse and purify. I like to use it in a spray bottle of warm water with five drops of patchouli and spray my bedroom. I also add patchouli to the bath at times for it too is great for skin as well.
2 Cups of Coconut Milk
1 Cup of Fresh or Dried Chamomile flowers (I cut the tops off tea bags for this)
1 Cup of Rolled Oats
5-10 Drops of Jasmine Essential Oil – start low so not overwhelming
2 Cups of Boiling water
Cheesecloth and clean bowl or jar
- In a saucepan, pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the chamomile, stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer.
- After 10 minutes of stirring on the low heat, remove and strain the liquid into a bowl and get as much of the juices out of the strainer. Discard the solids into the compost bin.
- Add the oats to the liquid and mix well
- Add the Boiling Water and stir the mixture well. Leave for 5 minutes, covered.
- With the cheesecloth over a clean bowl or jar, pour the oat mixture into the cheesecloth and squeeze the life out of it, getting as much liquid as possible. It can get messy, but worth it.
- Once you get all the milky liquid from the oat mixture, throw the solids into the compost and let the liquid cool.
- Add your essential oil to the liquid
- Add to your nice warm bath.
And on the Beauty side of things… any home made beauty product must come with a warning of its SHELF LIFE.
This Milk Bath MUST BE USED ASAP AND NOT SAVED OR REFRIGERATED.
The water-base ingredients are the key to allowing moulds and bacteria to grow in it.
So please use up all of the recipe in your bath.
On each step on the making of the Milk Bath I invoke into it Blessings for myself.
- With my hands over the saucepan I ask the Universe to Bless this Recipe for my greater good (“The Greater Good”…Hot Fuzz)
- When stirring the Chamomile, I invoke into the mixture Protection and Defence words for the week ahead.
- Adding the Jasmine, I say that a few words to give me a glow and shine, plus to stand tall and feel my power.
- Adding it to the bath, say something to relax and give you energy for your day or week, a special occasion, getting over .
- Say what feels right for you with intention, positivity and with gusto so that the invoking gets into your Milk Bath.